Father Tom Statt, who assists at weekend masses, was ordained on May 31, 1958.
In June 1964, Father Tom was assigned to Geneseo by the Bishop of Rochester. He faithfully served the students, faculty, and staff of the College until June 1976. During his ministry at Geneseo, he worked tirelessly with the religious and lay leaders of the various Christian and Jewish faiths serving the college community. These ecumenical efforts led to the construction of the InterFaith Center on Franklin Street. The Center was opened in September 1969 and continues to serve students and faculty today.
Upon leaving Geneseo, Father Tom served for five years as Rector of Becket Hall on the campus of John Fisher College in Rochester. This was the College Seminary program for young men interested in pursuing a vocation to the Diocesan priesthood.
In December 1980, he was named Pastor of Our Mother of Sorrows parish in Rochester. He retired as Pastor in June 2000 and now resides at his home on Honeoye Lake. He assists on weekends at various parishes in the Rochester area and most often here at St. Charles Borromeo parish.
During these 44 years since he first arrived at Geneseo, Father Tom has maintained a great interest and love for “all things Geneseo.” He was one of the first members of the MacVittie Society and currently serves on the Advisory Council of the Robert W. MacVittie Society.
Office Phone: (585) 663-3230 x111