Sacraments are joyous celebrations of a child's deepening relationship with God, and commitment to the Christian journey of faith.
The foundation of sacramental preparation is the conviction that parents, by word, example, and participation in the life of the Church, are the primary teachers in the faith formation of their children. We will assist and support you in this role.
- Is separate from Catholic school or religious education programs
- Expects that the child is receiving foundational faith formation in a Catholic school or the parish religious education program
Note: sacraments are celebrated in the parish where the family is registered and worships.
First Reconciliation (First Penance)
Reconciliation is a sacrament that celebrates the presence of God in those areas of our life that need forgiveness and healing.
- Children should be encouraged to prepare for the Sacrament of Penance/Reconciliation as they near the age of seven.
- Celebration of sacramental confession is to precede the celebration of First Eucharist.
- Parents are to be intimately involved in preparations for a child's first reception of the sacrament of Penance/ Reconciliation.
- Attendance at two parent child sessions
- Completion of The Gift of Reconciliation workbook
Meeting Dates for Parent & Child
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. in the School
- Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 11:30 AM in Church
- Date of First Penance: Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 at 6:30 PM in Church
Call 663-8000 to register your child.
First Eucharist (First Communion)
We are nourished in the Eucharist, the source and summit of the Christian life. Celebration of the sacrament occurs on the first Saturday in May at 11:00 a.m.
- The preparation for First Penance and First Eucharist ordinarily takes place when a child is in grade two.
- Children preparing for First Eucharist have participated in regular religious education, or attended Catholic schools for the year preceding enrollment in the First Eucharist program.
- Children wishing to receive First Eucharist will have made sacramental Confession before receiving First Eucharist.
Attendance at 2 parent and child sessions
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the School
- Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 11:30 AM in the School
- Sunday, April 28th, 2019 11:30 AM Pancake Breakfast and practice
- Completion of the We Celebrate the Eucharist workbook (the gold book)
Date of First Eucharist: Saturday, May 4th, 2019 at 11:00 AM in Church
Confirmation is a sacrament of initiation that brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace and more clearly shows forth the gifts of the Spirit which were received in Baptism.
Preparation for Confirmation is a two-year process beginning no sooner than the fall of eigth grade. It will provide ample opportunity to explore your child's understanding and practice of our Catholic faith, while also providing for continued study, service, and enrichment as a follower of Christ.
As your child grows in knowledge and discipleship, we sincerely hope that you, too, will be rekindled with the fire of the Spirit in your own faith life. It is our intention that faith formation for your child be a process, rather than a program, and that it invites and engages your entire family into a deeper relationship with Christ. May we continue to work together on this journey of faith.
For those entering the 2 year process, students in Grades 8+, there is an informational meeting on Monday, September 24, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. in the School.
The Level 2 Confirmation meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. in the School.
Parents and students are asked to attend a *required informational meeting prior to registering their child for Confirmation preparation. The sacrament of Confirmation, policies, process and schedule will be explained. Registrations will also be available.
*Note: These meetings are not for families who completed level one, but only those beginning the process.
*Please call the Christian Formation Office (663-8000 ext#1) if you have questions.
Contact the parish office 663-3230.