St. Charles Borromeo Church is the sole owner of information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to any outside parties, except as outlined in this policy.
1. Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is information that can be directly or indirectly associated with an individual (such as name, email address, or telephone number), or information about activities directly linked to an individual. We collect PII from you in the following ways:
Information provided to us directly
You, or someone acting on your behalf, may provide PII to us when you interact with us online. For example:
- We may gather such things as name, postal address, email address and phone number when you contact or communicate with us through an online form.
- We may gather such things as credit card number, bank account number, and bank routing number when you make a donation to our parish.
Information we collect through technology
- Internet Protocol Address
- Browser type and version
- Operating system and version
- Referring site (site you visited before coming to our site)
- Date and time of visit
- URL of pages visited
Information collected by these automated tracking technologies is analyzed in aggregate form only and is not directly linked to any other Personally Identifiable Information, such as name, address, or phone number.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
We use PII to better understand your needs and interests, refine and develop our website, and personalize communications. For example, we may use your information to:
- Communicate and build our relationship with you
- Measure, analyze and improve the effectiveness of our web site
- Personalize content
- Comply with legal requirements
3. How We Share and Disclose PII to Third Parties
We may share or disclose your PII to a third party as follows:
- To our service providers and suppliers, who are acting and using your information solely on our behalf.
- Based on a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to respond to judicial process, valid government inquiry, or is otherwise required by law.
If a need to share your personal information with a third party that extends beyond the points stated in this section, we will contact you before such dislosure, and you will be provided the opportunity to opt-out of the disclosure.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that St. Charles Borromeo Church is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this website.
5. Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this website only in the presence of a consenting parent or guardian.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the information we have collected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. In addition, we use standard security protocols and mechanisms to transmit sensitive data such as credit card details.
All web servers are housed and maintained in secure locations. Access to our site’s databases is strictly monitored and protected from outside access.
Please note that this Policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent. We will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice of such changes.
8. How to Contact Us
Should you have questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 585-663-3230 or send us an email here.